It is so cold and I am debating whether it would make me the worst mum in the world to not go up town for the switching on of the Christmas lights tonight. So to cheer myself for the cold night and likelihood of spending too much money as it is late-night shopping too, here are my reasons to be cheerful.
1. I am feeling Christmasey. It is so great to see everyone getting that much more patient and generous-spirited with each other as the spirit of the season kicks in.
2. My husband’s boss has finally agreed to pay his expenses after a dispute. Just in time for Christmas.
3. My son had just done a streetdance demonstation for me.
4. I am finding my Slimming World plan really easy to stick to. 4 and a half pounds off in my very first week. Several stones to go but it is a positive start.
5. I have won two competitions.
6. I am standing up to my older son’s school and if you want to know what that is about, you need to read my post from today about all the angst he and us are going through.
7. People keep nodding at me in the street. Since we moved to town, I am becoming a familiar face and it is really nice to connect with people even if only to know that they recognise you as part of the town and school crowd.
8. My Dad’s memoirs or some of them were published in a local magazine.
9. I attended a lovely Christingle Service yesterday and my son read beautifully.
10. I managed not to spend too much but still have fun at the school Christmas fair and we won a raffle.
Lots of cheerfulness then. Long may it last!
Linking up as usual with Mich over at Mummy from the Heart