What a day! So busy with job forms, business planning, school runs and assemblies, supporting friends and even a little naughtiness.
So I am very late to write down my reasons to be cheerful.
1. I am reaching out to people and explaining that I need to start bringing some more money in to the family. Best to be proactive before everything crashes right?
2. My husband had two job interviews this week and has several applications in. He hears about one job next week and has been rejected for one in Somerset purely on the fact someone had better local knowledge which is fair enough. Feedback from interviews remains excellent so we have every reason to stay positive. The right job will come along right?
3. I have given up a voluntary commitment as I am the sort of person who likes to give 100 per cent and I can’t do that right now. I am staying involved with the organisation but in a less full on way for now.
4. I am enjoying my television with the Julian Clary interview tonight being thoroughly enjoyed. Love how he batted Piers away from troublesome areas (oo-er missus!) and even more intrigued by the character than I was before. My late Mum used to love him years ago and hide this passion from my more straight-laced father. Also loving Four in a Bead – one of my favourite telly shows so there and yes I know it is not high-brow. So what?
5. I am still enjoying that holiday feeling with my husband getting to know each other and remember each other all over again. I know work is necessary but it don’t half get in the way of relationships sometimes. So I am relishing time to chat, time to walk and time for lunches at home or out and about.
6. We have had an encouraging school report for my oldest son. He is off the scale in English, Mathematics and Science. I do wish they would say something about him as a person but that does not seem to apply in secondary school here.
7. We had a lovely #givemumsabreak Twitter party last night and I do feel we seem to help at least one mum in a very difficult situation every week. Love how people are supporting two mums just trying to do their bit for others. Big thanks to superstar Lauren for her sterling support at a time when I can’t do as much as I would like on this front.
8. I have managed to pick up a last minute and bargain ticket to Blogfest. See you there? I still need to sort travel and accommodation as want to have dinner with a special someone that evening.
9. I attended my daughter’s school assembly on her 3 day camping trip and was amazed to see all the challenges she had tackled despite being of the shy and unadventurous variety. A bit like me I think – can do more than she thinks she can. Well done her!
10. We had an amazing weekend visiting RADA for a casting day with Tesco. My youngest son has been called back and will appear in an advertisement for Tesco. He is so thrilled. He is unlike the rest of us a natural performer and I can see him signing and selling autographs at school on the back of this.
11. We are going shopping for Halloween goodies tomorrow. I am injecting as much fun as I can into the children’s lives right now so that they are not troubled or saved as much as possible from our worries.
12. I have had such support about Lump-Gate. I have left it but still no hospital appointment so am going to chase it up on Monday. This may require people tweeting me so I don’t run away and put my head ostrich-like in the sand.
13. I have learned that some people just aren’t there for you in the challenging times. I am not stressing this. It is far better to recognise people’s true colours. It amuses me how I have gone out of my way time and time again for some people and they are silent in our current circumstances. Once upon a time, this would have devastated me. Now I can just smile, feel light and move on.
14. I am loving my pets and may be picking up a new cat this weekend. Pets add so much to my world.
15. Tonight we had a meal out and then returned to a roaring fire and a pleasant evening in front of the telly. This lump thing has made me really appreciate everything even the stuff I claim not to like such as mess and the children squabbling. It is all part of life’s rich pattern and life is for living.
16. I have butterflies at lot of the time. I sense great things may be coming our way. We just need to be patient. I am toying with the idea of moving South. I think that may pay dividends. Lots to think about.
17. Britmums are having a Christmas do and I hope lots of you will sign up so I can meet you in the flesh. You will ususally find me in the loos trying to work up the courage to say hello.
18. This is possibly my longest Reasons to the Cheerful ever so if you have got this far, award yourself a gold sticker.
I thank Mich at the Reasons to Be Cheerful bloggers and other online friends for helping me stay that way.