Celebrating Nature

I am joining in with the Gallery for the first time in ages.  The theme this week is Nature.

I love getting out and seeing the natural world.  I love to be in wild woods sharing my late mother’s love of trees.

When I need to get things in perspective, I head for the sea, my late Dad’s great passion.

I remember staring out to sea when I realised Mum had very little time to live and feeling for the first time that I could live on without her or perhaps integrate her spirit into my life.  It comforted me.

We headed for the seaside at Norfolk recently determined to have fun despite our current worries about my husband’s ongoing unemployment.

Nature worked its magic again.

Here is a picture of my youngest son which shows his nature as well as the grandeur of the natural world.

IMG_0236

1. Mary @AsturianDiary November 20, 2013 / 2:58 pm

I love this photo. It really does seem to capture the spirit of your son as well as the essence the seaside. You can’t beat a day out and about in nature for taking your mind off your woes.
    Mary @AsturianDiary recently posted…NatureMy Profile

2. Lou's Lake Views November 20, 2013 / 3:46 pm

Such a touching post. There is something about being close to the water that is so good for the soul x
    Lou’s Lake Views recently posted…The Gallery – NatureMy Profile

3. Maddy @writingbubble November 20, 2013 / 4:44 pm

Such a lovely photo – full of life! I find nature helps put worries into perspective. The mountains are a big one for me (not that I get to see them very often!) I find myself thinking that they’re so huge and ancient and have survived so much and somehow it makes me feel better. The same with the sea! Hope things get easier for you.xx
    Maddy @writingbubble recently posted…frostMy Profile

4. bluebirdsunshine November 20, 2013 / 5:27 pm

Being by the water always helps me put things right with the world. It’s so majestic taking in all that space. What a beautiful post and pic of your boy.
    bluebirdsunshine recently posted…NatureMy Profile

5. A Patchwork Life November 20, 2013 / 5:49 pm

There is something about the sea, something reassuring. Maybe it’s the air and that feeling of space – the vastness of it all. Somehow it helps. Lovely post and a wonderful picture!
    A Patchwork Life recently posted…Autumn mistsMy Profile

6. Sarah MumofThree World November 20, 2013 / 7:51 pm

That’s a fabulous photo! So good to know that nature has these incredible healing powers. Keeping my fingers crossed your husband finds a job soon. x
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…The Gallery: NatureMy Profile

7. Louise November 20, 2013 / 8:31 pm

Great photo, Norfolk has some beautiful beaches and the sea is perfect for putting life in perspective. x
    Louise recently posted…The Gallery: NatureMy Profile