I am hoping Reasons to be Cheerful works its magic.
I feel at the end of my tether really.
So many job interviews for my husband resulting only in an empty bank account and mental exhaustion.
I tried to find a little work and was told I don’t have storytelling skills – the one thing I thought I absolutely had in abundance.
Then today we had a letter saying they are taking away nearly a third of my husband’s benefits to pay for an overpayment dating back to 1999!
Oh yes, this is supposed to be a cheery post.
1. My youngest son did well in his Christmas play as a policeman. He is such a performer. It just seems to be in his nature.
2. My oldest son and I had an evening on our own last night watching television and eating too many crisps. It is lovely to have one on one time with my new teenager.
3. My daughter remains a constant support of snuggles which I need more than ever these days.
4. My husband has had 2 job interviews this week. They won’t come to anything. They never do but we have to buy into this pretence that things will get better.
5. I am letting myself off the hook regarding Christmas. It is going to be a rubbish one and that is just how it is. It is 24 hours and we will get through them. We will manage to laugh no doubt and do the things you can do for free.
6. I have won 3 competitions recently and for very nice things too for the kitchen. Which kitchen they will reside in come 2014 is another matter entirely.
7. It is my birthday tomorrow. I don’t think the family have remembered and so be it. Can’t really do much anyway. Fortunately, I won a cake at the weekend so I guess that is that one sorted.
Think cheerful Kate!