I am a bit late to the positive party this week but here goes.
1. My husband has had no interviews this week. This has given us time to regroup and to live in the midst of all the full on job seeking pressure. He has 2 interviews offered for next week and more applications submitted. The future is bright – it is merely taking its time.
2. My youngest son went on a play date today with a girl from school. He returned having had a wonderful time and his tea. He has also had so many Christmas cards – leads a charmed life this one which means I don’t have to worry about him too much.
3. My other son had a training day so we went into town together. I bought him a scratch card which was a winner as was the one he bought with his winnings. Perhaps this family’s luck is turning …
4. My daughter has thrown herself into an enterprise project at school with gusto. Not only did she make wonderful biscuits and a profit but she also did marketing leaflets and planned a launch. The last two things were not in the brief and it just goes to show what a wonder she is.
5. Several women and one in particular have taken the time out this week to help me move forwards positively. They are all amazing women in their own right and I truly appreciate them taking time out of their day to lend a hand at this challenging time for us as a family.
6. Walking with my son today, we played a game of what we would do if we won the Lottery in a big way. As he skipped along (this is a teenager remember) so happily, I reflected how wealth comes at a prize in taking the dreams away. If you can do everything on a whim you lose that ability to dream and work towards things. Even great riches have a price.
7. We are going to have a small Christmas. Part of me feels bad about this as if I am letting the children down. Another part makes me thing we will be inventive and quite possibly have the best Christmas ever based on the right values of love and laughter.
8. I won a big prize in a competition – a multi-coooker worth £99. This gave me so much hope that our luck is turning and a job will come up for my husband soon.
9. We put the Christmas tree up and I am getting in the festive mood. An awful lot of the joy of Christmas comes for free really.
10. We finally got our car back after a £1000 repair bill. So nice to have wheels again.
So there you have it.
The future is awesome and we are looking forward to it showing up and blogging about it too.