I have had a mixed week with a lot of frustrations but also a few cheerful highlights.
1. My husband took my oldest son to the cinema. It is good for them to have quality time together.
2. The next day I took all the children to see Frozen. We all loved it and the soundtrack was amazing. With all that ice, I got some ideas for blog design when I save up to have it revamped.
3. My oldest son has a friend over to play this evening. This means that my downstairs is looking incredibly habitable. Guests are such a wonderful motivation to do heaps of housework. Amazingly, the 13 year old boy has not praised me on having a beautiful house just yet but when I walked in after the school run, the lovely smells of a clean house were a joy.
4. My daughter had worked very hard on a project about the history of the sewing machine. She gave a presentation today and was told by teachers and pupils that it was amazing. She now has her head in a book about Dick Turpin. Very proud of my little girl.
5. My youngest son got praised for his great work in numeracy.
6. My husband had a job interview and came close second. I am going to share some of the feedback with you.
“On this occasion, we had two very strong candidates with very similar score on interview.
There was very little difference in the interview scores, so it is difficult for me to give you any constructive feedback on any specific responses to our questions and you also did very well in the practical test.
I hope this will not deter you from applying from any positions we may advertise in the future”
7. It is nearly the weekend and I feel ready for it. My husband is doing casual driving work getting up at stupid o’clock so I tire earlier in the day. I miss him as on the days they do give him work he works incredibly long hours for little financial reward. However, he does seem happier in himself which pleases me.
8. I finally got a cast iron casserole that I won a few weeks ago. I love looking at it and a going to cook a very special meal in it for its first time use.
9. I went into town today as I got a little bored. There was a book sale in the charity shop so I got 3 great books for just £1.
10. I stopped the traffic today! I don’t think I have ever done that before and it was incredibly thrilling.
Linking up as usual with Reasons to be Cheerful.