Can you remember the song “If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands”?
It seems to be me the reasons to be cheerful linky helps us do this every week even if we have to clap first and feel happy later.
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with a few things. Although the main house is sorted, we still have the hidden storage areas that need clearing out. It becomes clear that we need things that are in boxes still but which one?
I think we are struggling too to accept that the crisis of the last few months is over and now we can relax a bit. I think we have forgotten how to a little.
I am also frustrated that having enquired about volunteering, I have heard nothing back.
I need to work out what i am going to do in this new place.
Clap, clap, clap – think cheerful thoughts.
1. All 3 children went to the opticians last week and have new glasses on order. Another little but important job ticked off.
2. I found a town full of charity shops. My OH complained that I spent far too long in them but it was joy to get back to them. I used to go most days before the afternoon school run to check out the bargains to be had. Often I did not buy anything but it was nice to see what they had.
3. I have enjoyed not having the mad morning rush of school preparations this week. We have just chilled largely at home quite happily.
4. I have just taken delivery of a big online groceries delivery. The van driver was so friendly asking me where my accent was from and so on. I have put a big focus on meal planning and healthy eating and look forward to seeing how that goes in the coming weeks.
5. I am enjoying lots of cuddles with our lovely kitten. He is a delightful little character.
6. I have changed my profile and background pictures on my social networks. I may be away with the fairies but it seems to be on a day when I feel a bit down that actually I have not aged too badly at all in the last 20 years.
My mission this week is to laugh out loud in that carefree way again.