Thinking Slimmer for 12 weeks

Thinking Slimmer for 12 weeks has transformed my life.

That sounds a bit over the top so I want to explain how.

When I agreed to take part in the Thinking Slimmer Focus group, I had a long history of losing weight and putting it back on again. I was a classic comfort eater so if I had a bad day I would self-medicate with wine or fatty/sugary foods. I could still lose weight well until a major life crisis like bereavement or redundancy hit in which case comfort eating became the norm for months on end.

I have always known instinctively that your mind needs to be in the right place for effective weight loss to take place if you are an emotional eater. However, what can help when the inevitable troubles of life strike?

Thinking Slimmer works for me. It is so powerful and so simple to get started. You simply listen to some very short recordings on the issues that trouble you most – weight loss, taking exercise or relaxation. I love taking that time out for myself and my family respect that this time and process is precious.

I nearly backed out of the focus group in week one when people far slimmer than myself posted photographs of themselves. They were attractive and beautiful. I was daunted. I had the sense to stick with it and even to publish a photograph of myself warts and all in a Thinking Slimmer private Facebook group. I found a group of women who knew how I felt and could empathise whatever their size, bigger or smaller than myself.

So what has changed in 12 weeks?

I lost 1 stone and 5 pounds over the 12 week period.

I lost so many inches including a massive 10 inches from my tummy. I must point out that this is by the liposuction by tape measure method but it works for me!

Far more importantly than either of these things I now know that I have a beauty all of my own. People have commented positively on my waist, arms and legs in particular. I smile more and my posture is better as my confidence increases daily. After years of hating how I looked, I now experiment with fashion and colour. I check labels not quite believing that I can get into such smaller sizes. I have a long way to go on the weight loss journey but I KNOW I will be slim by Christmas.

Here is what 12 weeks can do!

before pic weight loss

January 2015

april thin2

Gone are the days of being terrified to acknowledge what I look like. I posted a picture of myself on my public Facebook page and on my blog this week. I am OK and the future is bright. A large part of that is due to Thinking Slimmer.

1. Hilary Cooper May 1, 2015 / 4:43 pm

Wow Kate! That’s really impressive! I’m convinced that our thinking is a massive part of making changes. In my line of work I see a lot of people who want to lose weight and it’s their mind that’s preventing them more than anything. Great to see proof!

Is Thinking Slimmer only for women? My hubby’s been trying to lose weight for a while and I think something like this would really help him.

2. Rachelradiostar May 2, 2015 / 7:41 am

You are doing brilliantly! I too have this slim pod – I just need to get back into the habit of listening to it! Well done xx
    Rachelradiostar recently posted…Found this in my drafts!My Profile

3. Donna @ Little Lilypad Co May 5, 2015 / 11:16 am

I am a huge Thinking Slimmer fan as I totally believe in the power of the mind.

I gave birth on my sofa by believing that I could and Thinking Slimmer helped me to kick a particularly bad chocolate habit!

Well done you!!
    Donna @ Little Lilypad Co recently posted…My September ChildMy Profile

4. Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) May 7, 2015 / 6:56 pm

Wow the difference is amazing but I think more importantly you found something that you are comfortable in doing! Like you I am a comfort eater and I have been doing a lot of that lately. But my clothes wont fit now and well we dont have budget for me to get some. I decided to try something and I think it will work. I did fell off teh wagon today but I wont let that hinder this. I need to do this! Thanks for sharing your story! I need something like this to fuel my weight loss.
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Start of A Weight Loss JourneyMy Profile

5. Kylie (@kykaree) May 8, 2015 / 7:17 am

That’s precisely me. I hate healthily a lot of the time but was medicating with sweet foods. I had no idea how I could break the habit but slimpod has done the trick. I know that I need to manage my mental health without using my old comforters. Yesterday I bought myself a comfort blanket as that’s what my son does when he is sad or scared.

You have inspired me so much and we will be slim by Christmas

6. Kate Davis June 2, 2015 / 1:14 pm

Congratulations, those pictures show an amazing difference. I’ve also been losing weight this year due to a change in how I think, although mine was caused by a week long bug, and now I don’t want to eat food that I used to eat a lot (chocolate and biscuits mainly).

I remember a picture you share (I think on twitter) about how long it would take people to notice the weight loss and it is so true. Recently lots of people I see maybe once a week have started commenting even though my weight loss has slowed down.
    Kate Davis recently posted…Looking forward to BritMums Live 2015My Profile