Healthy Truffles for your Valentine

Healthy Truffles – is that even possible?

goats-cheese-and-raspberry-truffles-11

Truffles needn’t be only made with chocolate, these creamy tasting truffles speckled with a fresh fruity raspberry burst are great served straight from the fridge. Rich in calcium to aid bone strength and density they are also a good source of protein and they are low in sugar.

Makes 16

Prep 15 minutes

Chill 1 hour

Ingredients

150g/5oz rindless French soft goats’ cheese

1 teaspoon runny honey

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Pinch salt

75g/3oz raspberries

25g/1oz pistachio nuts, finely chopped

1 tablespoon raw cacao powder

Method

◾Add the goat’s cheese, honey, vanilla and salt to a bowl and fork together until just mixed. Add the raspberries break up with the fork and lightly mix into the goats cheese mix.

◾Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture on to a small baking sheet to make about 16 rough shaped mounds.

◾Spoon the chopped pistachio nuts on to a saucer and the cocoa on to a second saucer. Roll half the truffles in to the pistachio nuts, one at a time until evenly coated then add to petites four cases.

◾Roll the remaining truffles in the cacao, add to petites four cases then chill for at least 1 hour until firm. Pack into an airtight box, store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.

Cook’s tip

Serve these tasty healthy truffles with coffee for a tasty snack.

Diary of an imperfect mum

1. Stephanie Robinson February 10, 2016 / 8:48 am

They look great – and I would never have thought to make healthy truffles but can see them working. Although I guess the key is not to use a strong cheese? #creativemondays

2. Claire February 11, 2016 / 9:29 am

I have never tried anything like this before. They sound yummy, I love cheese!

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays and thanks so much for sharing the blog hop x

3. Claire February 11, 2016 / 10:15 am

Thanks again for linking up Kate. Just featured your post on my new blog 🙂
    Claire recently posted…How Do You Wear Pearls?My Profile

4. Louise Fairweather February 13, 2016 / 7:30 pm

Oh these sound lovely Kate – I have made some Bailey’s ones recently x

5. Stephanie January 26, 2017 / 11:56 pm

These look beautiful. I may have to try them! #ablogginggoodtime

6. Catie: An imperfect mum January 27, 2017 / 2:55 am

Great idea for a Valentines treat. They look delicious Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime

7. Lucy Melissa Smith (Hello Beautiful Bear) February 2, 2017 / 10:28 pm

These look gorgeous and the ingredients are making my mouth water! I don’t think I’d be any good at making these (although I’d happily give it a go!) x x