I don’ feel cheerful at all. However, I know these are the days when taking part in Reasons to be Cheerful really helps.
Yesterday’s dark day shifted but not completely. It only really went because I fought through it to ensure my son had a good and happy birthday. He did seem over the moon with how it all went so I went to bed content.
Us Mums should never relax because this morning, he told me in no uncertain terms that I favour my other two children. Him Indoors did not help by saying that I do favour my youngest son. The truth is that my youngest child is very challenging and sometimes, rightly or wrongly, I take the line of least resistance. When did I claim to be a)perfect or b)to know what I am doing? Anyway, I am supposed to be listing the positives.
1. My son did have a good birthday and respect to me for pushing through he clouds to see the sunshine enough to make sure that happened (whatever the other members of my families think).
2. My Dad can see I am struggling. He says little and when I discuss problems says it is all part of how life is. However, he does little things like suggesting a trip to the charity shops today. I very much doubt this is what he enjoys doing but he did it because he wanted to give me a lift. So I am cheerful for having him in my life and for his wonderful way of still being my parent when I want to internally throw a tantrum.
3. The support of women on blogs, Twitter and so on is amazing. I take it and it sustains me.
4. Yesterday, several people sent me “virtual sunshine” and today the skies here are blue so you can never underestimate the power of those lovely ladies out there.
5. Emails came in from two of my adult step-daughters. That would seem to suggest that I am worth knowing even by people who have actually met me and not just my cyberfriends.
As you can see, I am struggling a bit but know I am not alone and that this too will pass. I think one very big reason to be cheerful is that the current pain may be suggesting that a change is needed in my life. Onwards and upwards!