It will be a very Happy New Year for bloggers in 2012 thanks to a major new blogging platform, Olympic Blogger.
If you thought blogging was fun before, it is just about to get a whole lot better.
Here are some of the new developments revealed here exclusively.
1. When you start a blog, you will have the option of signing up for a tool that will promote it automatically on major social networks, women’s magazines, parenting networks and national newspapers.
2. Smellibloggism will be an option enabling visitors to breathe in tantalising smells of your cookery, recipes or fragrance-related reviews.
3. When people leave a comment on your blog, they will be colour-coded from “very heartfelt comment” to “just being nice” to “positively hostile”.
4. Tastybloggism will allow visitors to taste your food or mouthwatering product reviews.
5. Every Olympic Blogger will be allocated one exclusive meme developped by social media experts that with development will lead to a huge increase in pageviews and unique visitors. All memes will have the potential to be monetised leading to new income streams for bloggers.
6. TouchyFeelybloggism will allow visitors to reach out and give you a cuddle when you need it, to give you a pat on the back when earned and to touch your crafts, review products and so on.
7. Every Olympic blogger will be allocated an experienced mentor so that they will be informed about all the useful tools straightaway rather than having to learn them over a period of weeks, months or years.
8. Olympic Blogger will provide daily prompts for those days when you are too bloggered to blog.
9. Olympic Blogger will hold regional events enabling information, training, motivation, networking and access to public relations people to take place outside London. All Olympic Blogger events will have childcare available for all ages up to 16 or pay expenses for the same. There will also be a travel fares pool enabling better off bloggers who are kind-hearted enough to do so to support cash-strapped bloggers.
10. Olympic Blogger will hold an Awards Ceremony for bloggers ever year. All Olympic bloggers will receive an award recognising their individual talents thus removing any negative in-fighting between bloggers when, frankly, there are bigger battles in the world to fight.
Olympic Blogger membership costs £100 per annum. The first 200 bloggers to sign up get free membership.
With 4 weeks to the official launch of Olympic Blogger, developments can be tweaked or added to. Comments are, therefore, welcomed.