What are my five of the best?
This might be quite random but here they are in no particular order.
1. Best Clothing – My favourite outfit of all time is my crimson ra-ra suit. Firstly, it was in size 10! Secondly it was made out of lovely silk. It has a little short jacket and a short skirt. It was usually worn with black lacy underwear as the top. It made me feel wonderful especially when teamed with a mask. I have photographs if you ask very nicely.
2. Best Party – My 21st party at college was the best designed to my own specification. In the morning, a good male friend put on my door a headline from the local newspaper saying “Cambridge students head to the best party ever”. They were not talking about mine but it set the scene for the most brilliant day. All my friends from college were there along with my best friend from school. A crate of pink champagne arrived from my brother in the afternoon. We had civilized drinks in a wood panelled room followed by what was termed a “sweaty bop” in the cellars. I had a midnight blue dress encrusted with jewels on and had the bounciest hairstyle ever. Remember this was the Eighties. There was punch with liberal doses of peach schnapps to boot. I even got my college crush to come to my room halfway throught the party. Just the two of us. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you what happened next so I won’t.
3. Best Lover – This is definitely my current squeeze. I am not comparing him with a cast of thousands being such a pure and innocent soul. However, let’s just say he is naughty and, therefore, very nice.
4. Best Hotel – So far, it would have to be the Sharrow Bay in Cumbria. Meals to absolutely die for. Rooms with names rather than numbers and so many little extras. I stayed in “Princess” which apparently is where Macartney proposed to Heather. My relationship with the fella who took me there was also doomed but back then, I was young, very much in love and so happy. Lobster, home-made brioche, honeycomb for breakfast, ahhh…
5. Best Cocktail – It was called Braburner and I invented it myself. I launched it on an unsuspecting Women’s Group dinner back in the day and a very good night was had by all.
Will that do?
Five of the very best from the life and times.