Tomorrow, there is a very special event taking place on Twitter. It is the Groovy Mums Twitter party and it is wonderful as you can turn up in your pjs and you don’t need a babysitter. It takes place between 1pm and 2pm so if you have children in school, you can still make the school run and if you have tiny ones, you might just be able to persuade them of a nap around that time. Anyone is welcome who would like to chat about how mums can find a bit of a life for themselves away from the essential demands of parenting.
So what are some good reasons for turning up on Twitter and searching for all things with the hashtag #groovymums
1. You will be joining and meeting up virtually with some very wonderful mums, some of whom can tell you exactly how to start changing your life.
2. You can learn how to carve out a little of that precious you time.
3. You can get ideas on how to move back into employment or to look at self-employment options.
4. You can get guidance on how to get involved in volunteering.
5. You can feel a little less isolated tomorrow and should you wish to join with the Groovy Mums, on a regular basis.
6. You will be encouaraged to believe that you do matter, your wishes, hopes and dreams.
7. You will learn it is OK to spend money on yourself sometimes rather than any disposable income going on everyone else in the family.
8. You will hear from mums who have successfully lost weight or taken up exercise.
9. You will get tips on how blogging can help you move forwards in your life.
10. You will be making me think that I am not a Belinda No Mates with mad ideas to turn up and talk to myself on Twitter.
Will you be there?
You don’t have to be there for the whole hour. Mums lives don’t always work like that and I get that. There is no right or wrong way to take part either. So long as we are talking about mums feeling happy as they rediscover or reinvent themselves, we will be fine.
Any organisations that feel they can contribute to the chat and help mums progress, please do turn up too.
If you have any questions, email me on email@example.com or contact me via Twitter on @groovymums
And if you are particularly lovely, do check out those bright pink buttons on my sidebar and think about who to vote for in the Brilliance in Blogging Awards.