Brrrrrr! It is decidedly chilly here in the frozen North. It seems there is a thaw going on all across the country with the exception of our village. I am not a fan of cold weather and have never liked snow apart from to look at from afar. Dig deep, Kate, you do have reasons to be cheerful despite the weather.
1. The plus side of the rotten weather is that I have spent more time at home and got back into my blogging groove. Believe it or not, only a matter of days ago, I was minded to give the whole thing up. Ah, those ever-changing moods of mine. Good job there are things like #r2bc and #groovymums to keep me on the straight and narrow.
2. I have a sense that I am top of things in terms of forms filled in for school, housework done, reviews written and that sort of thing. The school is setting up a system where we can pay for things online which will makes things far easier to manage.
3. I attended a SATs meeting at my son’s school. Although I have huge issues with the whole rights and wrongs of SATs, I do now feel better equipped to support my son through the process both with information and some Lett’s revision guides.
4. My daughter attended a school disco and I loved the way she styled herself so individually. She was so excited about the whole thing and I counted my blessings that I am here to see all these milestones with her.
5. Him Indoors’ treatement for psoriasis seems to be finally working. Finding out that he was allergic to creams he has used for about a decade might explain all the pain and stress he and the family as a whole have gone through with this rotten condition. I question why he was not tested for allergies from day one. He is now on injections and with reduced pain is far more relaxed and pleasant to be around.
6. 37 lovely ladies have signed up to the blog hop to raise breast cancer awareness. Please do take a look at some of the stories – some happy, some sad, some inspirational, some poignant, all worth a read. My target was 90 so please do write a post about a woman who matters to you and link up. Thank you to those who have already done so. You can find out all about it here and I refuse to apologise for over-promotion as awareness can save lives. http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/i-am-looking-for-90-bloggers-to-support-breakthrough-breast-cancer/
7. I have more good stuff to report on but that can wait for another post. Time for a warming cuppa methinks.
Now, skidaddle over to http://mdplife.blogspot.com for more cheery thoughts from some rather wonderful bloggers.