If you are happy and you know it, clap your hands! I am joining in with the weekly blog hop were we shout out loud about all the good things in our live, those that bring a smile to our faces and put a spring in our step.
Here are my reasons for chirpiness this week.
1. My mood has stayed quite light all week which is good as I was struggling not that long ago. I have ever-changing moods but Reasons To Be Cheerful makes me focus on positives at least once a week and helps a lot.
2. The hugely wonderful event this week was my theatre trip to see “We Will Rock You” in Leeds. I am a big Queen and Freddie Mercury fan. What can I say? The music boomed, every member of the cast was superb and the costumes provided plenty of inspiration for my Britmums Live gig (lol). Initially, as a very reserved person, I held back from the rhythmic clapping and singing but by the end I was rocking with the best of them. Most unlike me and a great feeling to boot. Today, I realised it is the 20th anniversary of Freddie’s death so I think I was guided to be there this week, all part of me getting the groove back. It was also very lovely to be out with Him Indoors as boyfriend and girlfriend rather than Mum and Dad. Yes I know we are married but man and wife sounds way too grown up. Being in a size 16 frock also made me very smiley indeed. I have not quite come down from this event quite yet and keep launching into song and dance whilst doing the housework.
3. I have tickets to see my daughter in the Young Voices concert at Sheffield Arena in December. I missed out on it last year when my son performed so I am over the moon to be going this year particularly as I did not send the form into school in on time so had to do some very fancy footwork with the arena to get tickets.
4. We had a great family day out on Saturday with simple pleasures like a full English breakfast and charity shopping. Oh, and I dyed my hair red too.
5. I am back on track with my healthy eating after a blip.
6. It was bin day today and tomorrow they are delivering us a huge new blue bin. With two households in one effectively, having enough bin space definitely counts as a reason to be cheerful however mundane this might sound.
7. My daughter got a certificate for good reading and my son got a prize for an art competition (which technically should probably be mine).
8. Someone today said I was a potential novelist and when you hear that as someone who is so desperate to write, it really makes me very cheerful indeed. Perhaps it is time for me to put pen to paper and actually start the bloody thing?
9. Tomorrow, we are going to see the Christmas Lights switched on and after that, there will be no excuse not to throw ourselves wholeheartedly into the festive spirit.
10. One of my #groovingmums is about to give birth and new life is always a very good reason to be cheerful.
11. Finally, my Gallery post yesterday about being just a woman but proud seemed to strike a real nerve with a lot of women. It is my most viewed post on one day ever. I had really felt daunted about putting the picture of myself up but as I should know by now, bloggers are a kind-hearted lot.
Not a bad week, eh?
Tune in next week for another exciting episode but more importantly, get thee quick smart to http://bod-for-tea.blogspot.com/2011/11/reasons-to-be-cheerful_22.html and check out the other positive bloggers out there.
Originally posted 2011-11-24 19:31:41.