I may be avoiding making World Book Day costumes by posting my Reasons to be Cheerful instead. You may think that but I couldn’t possibly comment.
1. I have had coped fine since my husband left at the weekend. He is keeping in touch regularly. I am taking a firm line with the children on things like bedtimes and X Box access. In a funny sort of way, being on my own makes this easier. I also think the time to myself to think and work out what I want out of life is doing me the power of good. The children are trying their best to be extra helpful too. In return, I am trying to work up that mountain to more yummy mummy in terms of reading more stories to them on a night and as I said, making home-made World Book Day costumes instead of heading to the supermarket for them.
2. My youngest son made me smile today when he complained about the competitions on programmes like Daybreak not having proper and testing questions. He is like me and not at all a fan of things that don’t test him.
3. My oldest son is doing errands for me when I need him to do with good grace. I am getting lots of extra hugs in case I am missing Dad too much.
4. My daughter seems to be getting achievement awards every week from school so that I can hardly keep up. She did some amazing work on pirates recently. She also sent an email to her Dad which was so funny and made her feelings quite clear about his former employer!
5. I am reading more. I started “Baggage” by Janet Street-Porter last night. It is the story of her childhood and you can see already how she is very much her parents’ daughter which she would probably hate considering what she has to say about them on telly.
6. I have started a healthy eating pattern which is way overdue.
7. My husband has viewed some houses. We have not found the right place yet but are feeling more confident that we will.
8. The kittens are thriving and getting very sibling like having the occasional bash each other session. Very soon, they will be ready for advertising and on the lookout for new homes.
9. This week, I had a day where the patio doors were open so I reckon Spring is most definitely on its way.
Have yourself an amazingly happy week!