I had an odd day yesterday where I felt a bit out of my depth in the blogging world. Things have changed and positively for me in recent weeks but yesterday I had a bit of a wobble about it all. Thanks to those people who reached out to support me through it.
What caused the wobble?
1. I had the privilege of hosting a Twitter Party for Britmums on Tuesday and just felt I did not do very well in terms of engaging a lot of people. Thanks to those who did come along to support the ONE Campaign called Let’s Thrive. You can find out more about the whole thing from http://one.org from the Britmums blog here http://www.britmumsblog.com/2012/04/one-mums-brit-parent-bloggers-join-forces-with-bonos-charity/ and from the #ONEMums on Twitter. The Let’s Thrive Campaign lasts for 4 years so it is early days and you will be hearing lots more about it.
2. I got some offers of paid work all of a sudden. Someone once told me I fear success more than failure. I think there is some truth in that when I look back on my life. Often on the cusp on something rather marvellous, I will find a way to sabotage it. Not this time though. After all I am a Groovy Mum lol.
Today is a new day and even better the weekly time to celebrate all things cheery along with Michelle and others on the Mummy from the Heart blog. Now what do I have to smile about this week?
1. We seem to have had a lot of contact with wider family members this week. Easter cards, emails and the like.
2. Easter eggs were consumed and children had smiley if messy faces.
3. My daughter had her 8th birthday on Monday. I think it is one of the loveliest family birthdays we have ever had. She was up at dawn and into a very sparkly frock. All the presents went down well including a skateboard of all things. I managed to make a Barbie cake and to cover Barbie’s modesty. http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/how-to-make-an-alternative-barbie-cake/ We went out and had a really lovely and long meal. There were balloons on the table and the whole restaurant sang to her. It was just a very happy day.
4. Realistically, I tried my best with the Twitter Party and at least had a go. Also the paid work opportunities have to be a good thing. Sometimes, I just need to dig deep and think positively.
You see, you reflect on your week and you find good things in it. Now do a leapfrog over to http://mdplife.blogspot and check out other very lovely reasons for being happy and knowing it.