I won’t be blogging for the next couple of days.
I am going AWOL and heading for London to attend BritMums Live, the conference for parents who blog.
It wouldn’t be a normal week if I didn’t write down my reasons for smiling though so before I start panic packing, here are my positives this week.
1. I am going to BritMums Live tomorrow and Saturday. It was touch and go for a while as my Dad had a health scare but all was well in the end. I am looking forward to being in rather marvellous company and to relaxing as a grown-up for a little while.
2. I am cheerful that despite any negative self-talk, I am going to be involved in two of the workshops as a speaker and also womanning the Give As You Live/#mums4good stand at 1.45pm on the Saturday. So if you have brickbats or bouquets, that is where you can find me.
3. I am really looking forward to hearing from Ruby Wax and Sarah Brown in particular on the celeb front. I am also keen to learn a lot in the workshops I am attending. I hear rumours of wine, beer and goody bags. Who wouldn’t be cheerful?
4. Nobody has asked me out to dinner or anything on the Friday night but that is fine as I have the Brilliance in Blogging Party thing to attend and then will hook up in London with my husband for dinner and some precious and rare “us” time.
5. Even the idea of just being away and staying in a nice hotel is making me cheery.
6. My adult step-daughter is taking the children off my hands and I know they will be fine with her.
7. My Dad has changed his plans for the weekend so that he can look after the animals.
8. I have other reasons to be happy this week but BritMums Live is the major one partly because it makes me realise just how far I have come in a year. Last year I bottled going to CyberMummy. This year through the support of some rather lovely ladies, I feel fine about coming along and playing my part.
It will be alright on the night, won’t it?!