I am on a quest to rediscover and renivent myself. How is it all going?
1. March is proving to be quite exciting. Not that long ago, I felt so housebound and unmotivated to get out of the house. Now it is looking like every week, I will have an event that someone actually wants me to be at. I was in London with Britmums last week. By the end of March, I will have had 2 meetings in my new Trustee role with a local charity. Yesterday, just as I was getting a bit bored, in popped an email inviting me to another event in London. When I was on a bus in London last week, I felt so empowered and realised that just because things have being so stuck for a while does not mean they have to stay that way.
2. As I feel better about myself, I am investing in myself a bit more. At the weekend, I saw a beautiful Fifties style dress displayed in a local gift shop. It has a card on it with a blog address for a dressmaker. I contacted her asking how much it would be to have a dress designed for my college reunion in September. She quoted a really reasonable price. Him Indoors says he will sort one (or did I just tell him?) and then my Dad said if I wanted one to wear at Britmums Live he would pay for that. I have a very lovely father.
3. I am still trying to lose weight but in a healthy frame of mind where if i have a blip I do not go on a complete emotional downer.
4. I have booked a smear test which is today. I hate smear tests and my last one was in 2003. Yes, I know that is terrible but I do have a policy of telling the truth however awful. The last time I had a smear it was horrendous and the nurse said that it was because my cervix was in a strange place. It put me right off. I also want to get a lump checked out. Time to grow up and face the music.
5. I am being proactive and reaching out to charities as part of my newish role with Britmums. Huge thanks to Susanna and her team for taking a chance on me.
6. I am even encouraging mum bloggers to get together to do a fundraising charity calendar of the burlesque variety. Who knew when I started this journey back in September that it would take such twists and turns.
Action Points Before My Next Report
1. Take a walk every day.
2. Book that first driving lesson.
Over and out!