Do you wear hats?
Received wisdom suggests that if you do, you are oozing self-confidence.
Guess what? On the school run this morning I wore a new hat. Leather type and will post a picture once someone comes home and takes one for me.
Amazingly, nobody seemed to burst into laughter at the very sight of me.
My late Mum always used to say that people were far too busy to be looking at me. There is real of wisdom in that. People are way too caught up with the demands of their own lives to notice the overhanging tummy, the grey hair or the saggy boobs. Most of the time anyway.
As regular readers know Wednesday is the day I blog about improving my life one step at a time or getting grooving if you will.
I try to encourage mums to start or continue their proactive journey towards a happier life in whatever way they see fit. If they are bloggers, I ask them to link up when they write posts about this. For clarification, they/you can do this on any day of the week and I put a linky up once a month to enable us to find and support each other.
So how am I doing?
Well, one of those weeks where not much was achieved on the #getgrooving front. However, the baby steps for me were ….
1. Getting and wearing a hat!
2. Injecting yet more colour into my clothing by swapping the dark wool coat for a pink fleece. It’s nicer than it sounds I promise.
3. Reaching out to police and writing organisations about my Dad’s memoirs currently appearing a bit at a time in blog form at http://policemanslot.wordpress.com
4. Getting to know new folks in my role for BritMums doing social media. Do remember to alert me to any good posts so I can help you to promote them.
5. Dealing with some really tricky issues with one of my stepdaughters. I won’t bang on about this. If you are interested you can read posts from yesterday and the day before. I have included this as I think facing up to and talking things through is actually quite groovy.
The bad stuff comes next
1. Emotional week so way too much over-eating and way too little (read zero) exercise. Any tips on getting motivated on both fronts are very welcome.
2. Not being quite sure what route to take next. I saw 2 jobs that looked interesting. I considered more volunteering. I did nothing about either.
Huge thanks to @Glasgow_Mummy and First Time Mum for linking up their progress. Go and show them some comment love.
Here is where to find the link if you want to join in http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/get-grooving/
So how are you getting on in the journey to improving your life one step at a time? Hats off to all those who are trying to do so!