Here is my Christmas message to bloggers.
In recent days it has dawned on me just how many people you get to know and care about when you are heavily involved in blogging and social media. Some of them are on your mind a lot particularly if they are facing tough times.
I might often be at the school gates feeling like an outsider and not have friends close to home but there is always someone to back me up when I need it online and on those lovely moments when bloggers meet up. It feels good to be able to help others a little too.
So I was going to send cards but did not want to leave anyone out. I was going to name important people but then knew just like when I get that prize for my award-winning novel and have to make a speech, I will forget someone special.
So, I am leaving it up to you to work out who you are from what I say below.
In no particular order!
1.You took time out to help me make sense of blogging when I had no clue at all.
2.You helped me with tech bits.
3.You told me I inspired you.
4.You continued to sprinkle glittery stuff in the most magical way and most importantly of all believed in me.
5. You put my son back together after he lost his Grandfather.
6.You are the truly beautiful and wise lady who helped me make sense of loss and legacies.
7.I struggle to engage with you because you appear so “all that” and “cool”. I know you are one of the good guys and I hope that I will find you less daunting in 2014
8.You are that celebrity one who tells it like it is and who always seems to back me up just when I need it most. I got to touch you this year – be still my beating heart!
9.You are the Tolkein fan who I feel such a connection with and was the first blogger I ever met. Warm and wise lady.
10. You are the the one who puts the kettle on, has a dubious celebrity crush and always is there with a lovely email and a belief I will do OK. We will meet in 2014!
11.You are the heartfelt friend who I just feel so safe with, allowed to be me and the one who took time to text when I was in the boob clinic. You are also a lush on occasion and we have fab giggles.
12.You are the one who gives me a kiss when she sees me as I go all Yorkshire and embarrassed
13.You came up to me and said “Are you Kate on Thin Ice?” Thanks to every one of you for making that connection.
14.You are she of the stripey jumper who always seems to be there at just the right time with wisdom and kind words.
15.You are the beautiful soul with the daughter who is the only person I have ever known to sort my son out so well. Good to know you.
16.You are the lady I get so tongue-tied with and perhaps say the “wrong” thing but I hope you know you are very much in my thoughts at this special and for you difficult time of year.
17.You are my mirror – a blogger who has both my good points and my less than ideal ones so we sometimes clash a little.
18.You are my twin green goddess who I am thinking about so much this Christmas as you are going through such a very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
19.You are the bloggers who have written the most amazing books to raise awareness and money for good causes. I do seem to find you somehow and you are all amazing and generous-spirited.
20. You are the bloggers who supported me with my weight loss earlier this year. I need to get back on track and suspect you will be there to help in 2014.
21. You are the mums whose love for their children shines out of their blogs particularly those where children are ill or have special needs.
21. You are the bloggers who see me having a little meltdown whether in person or online and find the right words to keep me going.
22. You are the cocktail queen down the road who I really must get round to meeting next year.
23. You are the most beautiful and lyrical writer who just has to get published and soon I hope.
24. You are the one who tweeted me a picture of crossed fingers on the day of my boob clinic appointment. That helped so much.
25. You are the Orlando girls – what a fabulous bunch who put up with me being the clueless one, a Harry Potter moment and from whom I have already learned so much.
26. You are the mums who co-hosted Twitter parties with me including the one on adoption
27. You are the two special and inspirational not so far away mums who I stood up at the Christmas Do through a chapter of accidents. Really sorry not to have met you yet. Let’s put that right in 2014!
28. You are the charity shop and bargain hunting queen who perhaps knows me a little too well.
29. You are the naked ladies – those who shared their stories and their amazing bodies so openly. What a gift you gave to others.
30. You are the beautiful blogger who helped give me the courage to apply for a job. It came to nothing but it did make me re-evaluate my skills and experiences.
32. You are the bloggers who I am only just starting to get to know well and one in particular whose results are am so pleased about.
33, You are the team mates who give me a chance and from whom I learn so much
34. You are the ladies with booze in their blog titles. That has got to make them special but the fact is experience shows you really are.
35. You are the ones who reach out to me for help in raising awareness of good causes. Hope I am doing OK and do keep asking.
36. You are the designer who will make me the most fabulous header in 2014.
37. You are the two bloggers who have really pushed me to try poetry and other forms of creative writing.
38. You are beautiful soul whose Oxbridge education was wasted on her! Delighted that you became my Charlie this year and that we stay in touch in good times and bad.
39. You are the photographer with the huge smile who has helped me master many a tricky moment.
40. You say you are going to send me an email and then don’t. I am still waiting but anticipation is often a very joyous thing.
41. You are the one by the sea who reaches out and seems to like me for some reason.
42. You are my two special ladies in Scotland who are very Groovy still and who I am honoured to know.
43. You are my amazing young, sassy, intelligent and real friend currently located in Wales.
44. You are the blogger I just sense a connection with that has yet to be built on. So pleased to share an all too brief moment at BritMums Live.
45. You are the one whose place I intend to visit as soon as get sorted. Lovely lady.
46. You are thee one who has parenting sussed whilst I stumble through it.
47. You made me feel special by sending me a card.
48. You turn up at just the right moment and say just the right thing.
49. You are funny and intelligent and I sense a kindred spirit.
50. You have such a lovely aura about you. You are intelligent, spiritual and interesting and if you ask me, don’t get as good a deal as you should.
51. You make me laugh with the way you push yourself forward. I admire that and I like how we share some less than common views on things.
52. You share your mobile phone number and tell me I can call at anytime.
53. You are she of the daughter with the amazing jumper. You have such a lovely smile that always makes me think things will be fine. I love how you seize life.
54. You encourage me when I have my kick ass moments.
55. You are the one who looked so glamorous at an event that I did not work out it was you. Oops! Lovely lady.
56. You made an event so much easier and it was lovely to meet you. Hope the birth went well.
57. You share your thoughts and feelings openly helping myself and others.
58. You share my joys and challenges with a teen and it was good to meet you this year. Stay another day.
59. We met in 1987 and blogging reunited us this year. Deep joy in that.
60. You are the younger bloggers who bother to engage with me. How wonderful you are! I would never have thought of having middle-aged friends when I was in my teens or twenties. That makes you much better than me.
61. You are the bloggers whose blogs I don’t visit as often as I should. Weirdly you are often the people I like best so I plan to change that in 2014 and have a better reading blogs plan.
62. You comment on my blog. Every comment matters to me.
63. You have a keen sense of justice and I love that about you. You never turn your back on those less fortunate than you.
64. You make me think and sometimes change my opinion.
65. You are the blogger I am yet to find. Here’s to 2014!
Well, did you recognise yourself in that lot?
You may appear once or more.
I like to think this is my little Christmas celebration of blogging.
May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas filled with love and laughter.
If Christmas cannot be fabulous this year, remember it is just a day, as long as any other and you will get through it. There is support out there as you know both from organisations and from lovely souls down the road or online.
If you hit a disaster over Christmas, remember it will make amazing blog fodder soon.
Here’s to a good New Year for all of us filled with peace and prosperity.
If I have missed anyone out, blame the mulled wine or much more likely the fact that you don’t see yourself as quite the amazing person you are.
Finally, I have a festive giggle planned for the blog tomorrow if I can pull it off. Now what could that be?