I like the Listography blog hop organised by Kate Takes 5.
Sometimes I have to stretch things a bit like coming up with a diverse lovelife that I have never really had. Other times I find it hard to shut up like when going on about last week’s random things.
This week’s topic is Gadgets. Gadgets don’t particularly excite me to be honest. If anyone wants to tell me what the following are and why I need them, leave a comment as I am looking for things to put on my Christmas list.
Blackberry (something to do with crumble?)
I am not a geek at all so I consulted Stephen Fry’s Top 100 Gadgets list for inspiration. Probably only about 11 of them mattered to me and I have to choose just 5 items for this blog post.
Let’s forget the housework related ones and concentrate on the ones that give me pleasure or peace of mind.
1. Laptop – this has the power to do many things but I love most that it enables me to connect with other people and also to bombard the world with all my mad ideas.
2. Kettle – I have definitely measured out my life in coffee spoons so this is a big one for me. “Put the kettle on love” when my mum wanted a chat, to comfort me or herself. “Shall we have a coffee love?” when there was nothing else to do. Yes, coffee addiction is definitely a learned behaviour.
3. Thermometer – I am not a wise mum and think all mums should have parenting classes as soon as they get pregnant. However, the one thing that gives me stress relief when the children claim to be ill is to be able to whip out the thermometer for instant information leading either to reassurance or a call to action.
4. Television – I should watch a wider range of programmes to appreciate this fully. The fact remains that it informs and entertains which are both very good things.
5. Hearing Aid – I understand people with a hearing impairment used to have a terrible time in the past often wrongly being seen as stupid and cut off from other people. Hearing Aids are imporant for me as my Dad is hearing impaired and has being so as long as I can remember. I have the best conversations with my Dad so here’s to hearing aids.
Grandchild – I want a drink
Grandfather – What’s pink?
Grandchild – Get your hearing aid in!
Grandfather – Lemonade?
Grandchild – Result!
Now pop over to the Kate Takes 5 blog and discover other great gadget lists.
Originally posted 2011-11-21 10:10:56.