Do you feel life is passing you by as a mum?
Are you feeling a little fed up?
Is you self-esteem a little low?
Do you feel it is too often more about them and less about you?
Do you feel a little frumpy?
Are you feeling isolated with the challenges you face?
Have you given up on your hopes and dreams?
Fancy rediscovering or reinventing yourself?
If ONE or more of these touch a nerve, we have news for you.
Welcome to Striking Mums!
Striking Mums is a simple initiative that can move mountains and help you change your life in tiny and huge ways.
You decide on what you want to change or to achieve and a supportive group of mums help you along the way.
It’s all about taking baby steps to a whole new you.
So how does Striking Mums work?
Every Sunday there will be a Striking Mums post on this blog. It aims to inspire and to perhaps suggest ideas you may not have thought about already. There is a linky so that you can post about how you are getting on. Other mums will visit your blog and lend their support.
We hold regular #strikingmums Twitter parties and welcome your input on what particular questions or issues you would like to discuss.
Meet-ups and retreats are on the agenda for the future.
So how does that sound to you?
How to feel better as a mum – it’s as simple as becoming a Striking Mum.
Striking – stand out as the individual you are
Striking – take some well-deserved you time
Striking – you are beautiful inside and out whether you feel that way or not.
In fact, I would love you to post on your social networks as often as you can about how you are doing on these 3 fronts and please use hashtag #strikingmums. The more we spread the word the more mums move forwards positively and proactively.
As for me this week, I can claim to be on of the #strikingmums as ..
1. I have looked through old photos and posted some on social networks to remind myself and others who I am.
2. I have stayed up late after the family have gone to bed to pursue some of my own interests.
3. I don’t like the way I look currently but I acknowledge that I am moving towards beauty as I take control of my weight.
You can link up any blog where you show you are taking steps large or tiny towards the present and future that you want.
Here are some tasks/questions that might help you compose a post but please don’t feel constrained by these. Striking Mums is possibly the most flexible linky on the planet.
1. Look at an old photograph of yourself. How does it make you feel? What hopes and dreams did that person have? What things did they enjoy doing? What might this person say to you now?
2. How will you carve out time for yourself and your interests in 2015?
3. What would you like to change about the way you look? What can you celebrate now about your own individual beauty?
4. What are your personal goals for 2015? Who or what can help you achieve them?
Let’s get striking and don’t forget to put the Striking Mums badge (you will find it in my right hand sidebar) created by my friend Jo on your blog.
If you don’t blog in join us on Facebook and/or Twitter and feel free to leave a comment on this post. We will show you how to be a happy mum.