I am indulging in some positive thinking for mum.
Not too many days ago, I was feeling a bit blue as the fatigue and disruption of the house move took its toll. Today, I feel that I have emerged from that and am moving forwards positively in our new life in Hampshire.
1. I think the marital spark may have disappeared a bit whilst we were living apart. So I took action and asked my husband on a date night. OK so we had the children with us but we took a break from unpacking boxes and went out for an evening meal at a local pub. We enjoyed it so much that we spent the next two nights out and about too. We seem more like a couple again. It can’t be all work and no play and I intend to ensure there is plenty of play in this new chapter.
2. The children are playing out and making new friends. This is helping them settle into the new area and will help when they start at school with already established friends.
3. My oldest son has realised he can retain his friends from Yorkshire even though we have moved. He is happier as a result.
4. We have all our belongings here now although we had to give things away or send them to the tip as we have moved from a big house to a small one. Fortunately, the space here is good in terms of storage so a lot of things don’t need unpacking just yet.
5. After a blip, we have managed to get the washer plumbed in today which is a huge relief. You take these things for granted until they aren’t there.
6. I have been enjoying getting to grips with a new piece of work.
7. For the first time in ages we have felt able to go out and buy things without stressing so I have a new value hoover from Argos which is superb, a new rug to protect the carpet near the back door and a new kettle. The last purchased was not planned but after somehow getting blue dye in the old one, I could not face a coffee from it again.
8. I found the knickers I lost in the house move along with the bag of my son’s clothing that had also gone missing in the move.
9. I got an email from school today so hopefully we can arrange a quick return for the children who are clearly getting bored and ready to return to education.
10. I have found my Dad’s memoirs so will be posting more of those soon.
11. There is a Bank Holiday weekend coming up giving us the chance to explore the stunning countryside round here and also to see the sea.
12. The week was polished off nicely with news that I am shortlisted in the Inspire category of the Brilliance in Blogging Awards.