I had a disappointing week for Half-Term as I was brought down by a nasty urinary infection tract infection which laid me very low indeed. I am not the best at being ill and I was away at my brother’s house in Yorkshire so could not really just put myself to bed for the week. I went to the hospital eventually at the weekend desperate for antibiotics and it seems it is a good job I did as they are now organising blood tests of just about everything with a suspicion I may well be diabetic. This was shocking news but perhaps may explain how I have felt for quite a while now. Perhaps I really do need to wake up now and start looking after myself better.
Cheerful – that is why we are here.
1. I am feeling much better now that the antibiotics have worked their magic. I am going for blood tests tomorrow and feel at least I will finally know what is up with me after months/years of knowing all was not quite right, Once I have a diagnosis, I can come up with a good plan of action.
2. My daughter is sitting beside me reading a book on Sikhism as we return to home education after Half Term. I have bought some wonderful resources from Ebay on all sorts of topics and I know these are going to prove so very useful.
3. My youngest son turned 9 at the weekend. We had a lovely day with Lego featuring heavily and he finally got his PS Vita on Monday and burst into tears of happiness. I also made him a PS Vita inspired birthday cake.
4. My teenage son suddenly seems to have got interested in doing homework and I am feeling more confident about all the children’s prospects in the future.
5. I marked the 45th anniversary of the day I came to my Mum and Dad over on the BritMums site. Please take a few minutes to read this story and let’s start raising awareness that a good enough parent will absolutely do if it means an unwanted child finds a loving home. I would really you sharing this post on your social networks as it might plant a seed with someone leading one of the 6000 children looking for a family to actually find one.