How to be a happy mum. For me it is about taking time out to reflect on the good things in life.
Joining in with Reasons to Be Cheerful as usual, that wonderful weekly focus we bloggers have on the good things in life. Join in over on the A Matter of Choice blog this week.
I am a happy mum.
1. We seem to be a little more organised this year with the whole getting ready for school routines. I hate routine but am belatedly accepting with 3 children it just does make life a whole lot easier. So it is a lovely feeling when they set off for school in clean and tidy uniforms with homework done on time and with all the parephenalia that goes with school life.
2. I sent off for a job application form the other day. I am by no means sure I want to return to work at all but it was good to see something that I felt I could do and may be worthy of further investigation.
3. I am spending more time with my elderly Dad who has great stories from the past and is always up for a laugh too. He is such good company and I feel so pleased we got him to move in with us a year ago. I am less lonely now and so is he. We are just back from a little trip to the local market town for charity and food shopping. Dad is one of those rare people where you just always know where you stand with him. When my brother paid a visit yesterday, my Dad had seen me stressing out and told me “Don’t make yourself a slave for him”. For those who don’t know, my whole Summer was wrecked by my brother and his hurtful comments, threats and judgements. While I have Dad here, my brother comes part of the package in terms of being here sometimes (although rarely thank goodness) and because Dad is so lovely, that is a price worth paying so long as I take care of me too.
4. This week I have done really well on cutting out the unhealthy foods and booze. The lovely peer support from Mumentum helps a lot on this one. Thank you ladies and you can find out more about this journey here http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/week-2-of-a-journey-mumentum/
5. Him Indoors found some old holiday photographs and that made me cheerful as I could use them in the Gallery this week. Plus you get me waving at your crazily in my Reasons to be Cheerful this week. The photos made me resolve to stop hiding from the camera. Memories are to be captured even if you feel fat and frumpy. http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/the-gallery-happy-memory/
6… Finally, this new blog seems to have attracted new blogger friends and commentators which is lovely. I even got a mention on Britmums for my post on what I would do differently if starting blogging over. http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/if-i-could-start-my-blog-again-i-would/ Thanks Michelle from Mummy from the Heart for saying you liked the title. This blog is making me feel brave as I tackle a new chapter in my life.
Now remember to pop over and check out the A Matter of Choice blog and a lot of very chirpy people.
Originally posted 2011-09-15 11:23:53.