Joining in with Mich’s blog hop over on the Mummy from the Heart blog at http://mdplife.blogspot.com
Here are my reasons for smiling this week.
1. It is official. I will be speaking at Britmums Live next June which means that I have to actually turn up and is a great motivation for getting my groove back generally. It is a bit daunting to see the calibre of the other speakers but I guess they would not have asked me to get involved if they did not think I have something to offer to the mix.
2. Him Indoors went away on a business trip this week. The children behaved really well and I enjoyed some me-time including being in charge of the remote control for the telly.
3. My daughter got a cerficate for good behaviour in school. On an more worrying note, my son tells me that the boys in Year 6 have voted her the cutest girl in the school. This stresses me out on two counts, one that she must be protected from demon boys at all costs and two that I was never ever seen like that when I was at school. Yes, mums can be petulant too!
4. My son has really taken to netball and his team came second in an inter-schools event.
5. My other son is doing so well with his reading and spellings. He is so enthusiastic about his work and I love to see that.
6. I have tackled some highly personal stuff on here recently and I so appreciate the warm-hearted comments and support received. Even when I could have been judged harshly, wonderful women and even the odd bloke have reached out and said lovely things.
It is one of those weeks where finding reasons to be cheerful is easy. I feel like I could go on and on but will hold some stuff back for #mumentum and #groovingmums posts next week.
Now go forth and read some other lovelies blogging about their happy stuff.
Originally posted 2011-10-13 11:16:07.