I thought I would try a little positive thinking.
I am joining in with the wonderful blog hop on positivity over at the Mummy from the Heart blog at http://mdplife.blogspot.com
I used to do this regularly on my old blog and have every intention of keeping up the good vibes on this one too.
1. I love my new blog look and that I am starting a new chapter in blogging and on other fronts too.
2. My son set off happily with his bag to join his friend’s family for a holiday in Northumbria today. It is fabulous that he is popular and that he has the self-confidence to go. I was 22 before I had that sort of get up and go. By am amazing coincidence, he is staying in the place I did twice with Mum and Dad when I was little. I remember listening to Paul Young’s “Wherever I lay my hat” as number one on the crackly radio so it dates the holiday period and me! Tomorrow is 2 years since Mum died and it is lovely to remember happy memories at this time.
3. We have a scanner and I am looking forward to learning how to use it and to saving photos and art for posterity. It might also be good to share some of those old photographs on here.
4. My daughter is sleeping in her bed through the night now. This is a major move forwards for her and for us as a family.
5. I am getting ready for the back to school thing next week. It will be good to have time to pursue new interests and have some me time along with trips out with my Dad. This must be the first year that I have actually being quite organised about it all and a £15 competition win voucher helped a lot.
With love from the Striking Mum x
Originally posted 2011-09-02 12:07:01.