The lovely MummyBigBum (isn’t that a fabulous blog name?) over at http://mummybigbum.wordpress.com has given me an award.
Apparently, all I have to do is reveal 7 secrets about myself.
This might sound easy but because I am so open and honest on here, it is a tricky one.
1. The name given to me at birth was not Kate at all or even Catherine. I was actually named Alison Mary by my birth mum. I have no idea why she chose Alison but I guess Mary was the Catholic thing going on and that bloody virginal idea certainly stuck with me far too long. Why didn’t anyone tell me what I was missing out on? Anyway, no offence to Alisons out there but I much prefer being called Kate. Officially, I am Catherine named after Cathy in Wuthering Heights by my literature-loving adoptive mum.
2. At college, I used to show a massive interest in aerobic classes. It was not with any intention of attending them but I knew if I found out the venue and time of them, I would know when certain men would not have their girlfriends in tow so I could go a calling ..
3. Very out of character, I once arranged to meet a stranger for sex. Oh, and did have the actual sex too before you think “Oh she would not go through with that one”.
4. My confirmation name is Bridget and I hate it so never mention it. I wanted to be Bernadette like most of the girls at school but my mum said I should pay tribute to my Irish heritage. She could be very insistent so I will be Bridget forever.
5. When I am very happy, I have a tendency to flash my boobs. I have no idea why but it always seems such a good way to express exuberance. Now I live with my Dad, I am having to curb this rather unsavoury habit.
6. People who have commented on my writing positively as well as lovely bloggers include Katie Fforde (novelist) and Sharon Marshall (journalist and soap expert on ITV This Morning).
7. On prison visits, I once got in with no identification whatsoever and kept my mobile phone with me against the rules. Both were due to me being tired and over-stretched but I quite get off on breaking rules so the events make me smile now.
Will that do?
I can’t find out where you can get the badge code for this meme but will tag folks anyway as instructed. 15 bloggers is quite a tall order. Now let me think …
Will make them into links later as am in a hurry to catch the Christmas Lights switch on
Originally posted 2011-11-25 17:13:37.