BritMums Live 2014 – my worst bits
1. Heading North from home to London. Have I become a Southerner after all these years masquerading as a Northerner?
2. Wanting to be in two places at the same time over the weekend. Firstly the lovely Montcalm hotel was hard to leave even for the learning and social delights of the conference. Secondly, inadequate Mummy went and missed the children’s school fete on Saturday.
3. Forgetting my BritMums Live ticket and then finding it was in my handbag all along on my return home.
4. Getting the various wires/cables for my laptop and phone mixed up. Such a technophobe.
5. The absolute feats of engineering with tights and underwear I now need to hold all that excess flesh in even a little bit. What lies beneath – scary thought!
6. Not having enough time available to chat to all the bloggers I would have liked to. It is the nature of the beast when working and at such a well-attended conference but it is always a little sad when you miss someone.
7. Not realising quite how bad my roots were until I returned home and my 8 year old son told me in no uncertain terms.
8. Not remembering to pack my dress for Saturday properly so that the creased look was trending on Saturday.
9. Felt it was made pretty clear that some of my dinner companions were not happy with the dinner venue I had chosen. It was a shame and a little upsetting for me although I have to say I did enjoy the food and conversation.
10. Leaving whilst Benjamin Brooks-Dutton was speaking in Room 1. I went to look after room 4 but I still felt bad at not staying and honouring his story.
11. Not making the most of lunch in terms of eating so that by the evening, I suddenly realised I was very hungry.
12. Learning that I have missed out on some tricks when it comes to blogging and writing that I could have implemented years ago. I had so much to learn. Spinning that, it should make for an exciting year ahead.
The truth is I had my best BritMums Live yet and you can read about that in a post soon.