What are my reasons to be cheerful this week?
1. Him Indoors started his new job. He seems to be settling in fine so we are back to enjoying what our new area has to offer instead of stressing.
2. I was able to tell my brother what was going on when he returned from holiday. He was shocked but pleased that all has worked out in the end.
3. We carried out important repairs on our car.
4. I had quality time with my teenager in the local town having lunch and wandering round the shops. Even better, there was a Bank Holiday festival so we had a good look round the stalls too.
5. Him Indoors took my other two children to the soft play centre. I hate these places with a passion and I know he does too so it was good of him to go whilst I went charity shopping.
6. I watched with amusement as Him Indoors threw himself into holiday play with the children from marshmallow sculptures to noughts and crosses. I will make him get in touch with his inner child.
7. I am pleased at the positive reaction to me setting up Striking Mums and look forward to the journey we are all about to go on.
8. We had a shopping spree in Poundland. It is always good to know that actually you can fill a basket and not go over the top with the spending.
9. It is nearly the weekend and I am looking forward to getting to the seaside.
10. I am looking forward to starting home-educating my daughter and it felt so empowering to inform the school that we have made that decision.
11. I have helped people share their real experiences of depression and I am glad to have done so.
What are you positives this week?