Chicken stir fry recipe
Soy Seasoned Chicken Stir Fry.
An aromatic dish, flavoured with Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Chinese five spice powder.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
225g (8oz) basmati or long grain rice
3tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1tsp runny honey
1tbsp Chinese five spice powder or paste
1tsp chopped fresh parsley
450g (1lb) skinless boneless chicken breasts, diagonally sliced strips
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
150g (5oz) baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
150g (5oz) oriental mushrooms such as Enoki
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Rinse the rice and place in a saucepan. Cover with enough water to cover the rice by 2.5cm (1inch). Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over a very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Mix together the soy sauce, honey and Chinese five spice powder and parsley. Pour over the chicken and toss well to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and marinade and stir fry for 5 minutes. Now add the mushrooms and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with cooked rice and garnish with coriander leaves
Prawn stir fry recipe with garlic and pak choi.
Prawns take on garlic flavours very well and the crunchy nutty flavour of the pak choi works brilliantly with lots of sliced garlic. This is a brilliant, very quick, mid-week supper with plenty of flavour.
300g large prawns, preferably tails on
2 pak choi, chopped into slices
4 large cloves garlic, sliced
Knob of ginger, grated or finely chopped
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
2 tablespoons rice bran oil or other cooking oil
2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
1 fresh red chilli (optional)
Heat the cooking oil in the wok then throw in the garlic, ginger, spices and peppercorns and cook for about one minute before quickly adding all the other ingredients constantly tossing them in the wok. Cook until the prawns have turned pink and serve immediately with plain rice or noodles.
With thanks to www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk
Steak casserole recipe
By using Princes Stewed Steak, you can have a hearty casserole ready in a quarter of the usual time…perfect after a hard day’s work.
1 tbsp oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
450g potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
400g can chopped tomatoes
150ml beef stock
100g button mushrooms
2 x 410g cans Princes Stewed Steak
How to make it
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the carrot and potato and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, stock and mushrooms, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the Princes Stewed Steak and stir gently. Heat through for 4-5 minutes until piping hot and serve.