I reckon this week I have had so many cheerful things that this has made me late in posting them. That has to be a very good cause to smile.
1. My husband continues to get offers of job interviews. He got 2 job rejections this week but we feel more confident that something will slot into place when the time and post are right.
2. My husband is continuing to get casual driving work. He seems a lot happier in himself to be out and about and contributing to family finances.
3. My oldest son has just delivered a very good school report. He seems to be managing his homework a lot better too so is getting good marks for effort as well as fabulous grades.
4. My daughter is enjoying her arts and craft work and has a new book on paper craft courtesy of the charity shop.
5. My youngest son has a party invitation which will give us chance to see what the local Working Men’s Club is like for the first time.
6. We have managed a couple of days being a couple this week for what seems the first time in ages. We have walked round local towns, picked up some charity shop bargains and enjoyed a couple of Full English breakfasts. Walking holding hands, talking – all very good things.
7. I had a day trip to London. It was good to get right away from it all for a day and to be just me.
8. I had the most lovely telephone call this morning that really did give me a renewed sense of self-confidence.
9. Finances are looking a little bit healthier. We are not out of the woods yet but we are starting to feel more positive.
10. We are determined to have a relaxing weekend. We will start by going to see “Frozen” at the local arts centre tomorrow.
So yes, we are smiling more after what seems months of a long battle back from the impact of my husband’s redundancy. We sense the tide is turning, slowly but turning all the same.