Life is getting back to normal after the Jubilee and so if it is Thursday, it is time to list my reasons to be Jubilee.
1. I am cheerful about living in a community that puts on so many events and where the business supports them so that they are rather fabulous. Arts and crafts event for children, art exhibition, quiz, carnival and so much more.
2. I am happy that whether everyone appreciated it or not I did put on a good show for the Jubilee decorating the house and making lovely tea parties for days on end complete with special plates, tablecloths etc (of the luxury paper variety).
3. I am smiling about enjoying the good telly bits of the Jubilee. For me, this was most of it. I am not a Royalist but I enjoy the history, the fashion and the soap opera involved in us having a Royal Family.
4. I am relieved that I have finally sat down and worked out the logistics about going to BritMums Live. That email about it being only 2 weeks away was a bit of a wake-up call. Childcare is sorted so the next step is to arrange an outfit or two and a haircut.
5. I am indulging in the joys of Half Term making things with the children and sleeping it a little bit.
6. My Dad arrived home yesterday and announced he is taking me and the children out to a pub lunch today.
7. More people are signing up to ensure money goes to their charity of choice every time they shop online at no extra cost to themselves. I am encouraging folks to support Tommy’s the baby charity but you can sign up and choose a charity of your choice to benefit here http://www.give.as/savingbabieslives The more people sign up, the more money goes to good causes and that makes me very cheerful.
8. My very independent cat lay on my knee for hours last night. Such a good feeling.
Originally posted 2012-06-07 08:01:57.