There is a sense of progress this week and I am feeling cheerful.
1. My husband worked for the first time since September last year. He did a casual driving job yesterday setting off at 5am and returning at about 9pm. He went all the way from Yorkshire to South Wales and back as part of this. He has done another similar thing today. I have mixed feelings as it is only the minimum wage and I see his real skills going to waste. However I am cheerful to see how happy he is to be doing something positive and of course all the pennies help.
2. My husband has two job interviews next week one down South and one up North. It will be interesting to see where we finally end up.
3. I got myself in a confused tizz this week and reached out to a lovely online friend who helped me with her clear thinking. She gave wise counsel which I will be acting upon. I don’t want to say anymore about that at the moment. It’s a bit of a secret mission for now.
4. I am starting to have more faith in my glimmers of hope.
5. We acquired a sofa bed and chair for the lounge. They were very much needed and getting them in the way we did meant there was no big financial outlay.
6. My son went on a sleepover and is still alive and well. I put in place the safety mechanisms suggested on the blog post I wrote last week. I guess as a teenager, he is entering a new phase and it is just another learning experience as a parent.
7. My daughter is very pleased with the doll’s house accessories she was sent to review. I am really looking forward to seeing who wins my blog competition to win the same sets. They really are very lovely.
8. I am halfway through my Dryathalon Challenge for Cancer Research UK. Once again, sponsorship is as simple as texting KKKK98 £1 to 70070 or visiting my JustGiving Page