Weirdly, I don’t seem to be blogging as much. I thought with my husband away I would blog more. Anyway, I nearly always share my weekly reasons to be cheerful so let’s get smiling.
1. The sun is shining. It really does help lift my mood. It even makes school runs seem appealing. It also means we have light mornings so I am getting up at around 6.30am which helps get me organised.
2. Cross everything but it looks as if we might have two houses to choose from in our new area. Both are relatively close to the sea and near a lot of lively things so all good. I sense a whole new world opening up to me and about time too.
3. My husband had his pay day! Thanks to everyone who told us this would happen again after that not so lovely charity the Royal British Legion let us down so badly. When you believed and we didn’t you got us through. You are amazing!
4. It is Sports Relief season. My son who is not sporty bet someone £25 he could do a cycling challenge. He ended up being the best participant in his whole year group and immediately donated the £25 to Sports Relief. My other children put their sporty clothes on and donated their £2. I think it is great how schools get behind these initiatives so that families are made more aware and get involved.
5. I am sorting the house out continuing to declutter and generally tidy up in readiness for relocation, relocation, relocation.
6. I have a new hair do – a sort of bob and a nice red colour in it too. The hairdresser was chatty and interesting to listen to. She did not treat me like a total dinosaur so it was a pleasant experience.
7. I am going to London on Sunday to attend the Tesco Mum of the Year Awards at the Savoy. I am very nervous of course but also looking forward to it and pleased to be involved. Let’s point out that I am not up for an award and my children keep saying they don’t know why which just goes to show how I have pulled the wool over their eyes nicely.
Happy times and better ones ahead.