The week seems to have flown by which probably means it is a good one. So let’s celebrate the great things coming my way.
1. My husband has two job interviews this week one up North and one down South. He has also attended an induction day for some casual minimum wage driving work. He has other job applications in and we continue to look wishing that the “right” job advertisement would have a big red circle around it as if by magic.
2. The children are back at school. I have mixed feelings about this as the dreaded school run and all that goes with it is also back. However, they are happy to be back with their friends and I am enjoying quieter days where I can get things done effectively.
3. My word of the week last week was Glimmers and these continue to appear where I am concerned. I am keeping the faith.
4. On the first day of back to school, Him Indoors and I headed to town just for a little walk and a coffee at the local cafe. It felt like an exciting date as we get so little one on one time as a couple. We then called in the charity shop where I found a brand new dress or two of very good makes at prices you would not believe. I snapped them up because I fully intend to be needing to wear them soon for meetings and the like.
5. My brother paid me a surprise visit lending his support at a time when we need it. He also took a big box of photos and other things I had set aside for him during my decluttering exercise.
6. I have managed to have one on one quality time with each of the children this week. I really enjoy this and they do too. It is one of the benefits of my husband being around more that we can juggle things a bit better.
7. I am back to healthy eating and taking part in Wobbles Wednesday.
8. I did a Groovy Mums post and 9 mums have linked up so far with more promising to get involved. I love reading the very individual ways that mums want to rediscover or reinvent themselves.
9. I started Project 365 because I really want to take a lot more photos this year. It is something I enjoy and this will give me the motivation to keep up with photography for fun and the recording of memories.
10. I won a competition – a sliver pendant and chain.
11. We are switching off the television more and this is having a very good impact on family fun and family learning. Really enjoyed hours looking into the JFK assassination theories yesterday evening.
10. Finally, I am delighted to see how many people have sponsored me for the Cancer Research UK Dryathalon as well as to note how much better I am feeling alcohol-free.