I have had a mixed week that has got steadily better especially when Him Indoors took time off work from Thursday. More chance to get out and about and have fun. So, what are this week’s reasons to be cheerful?
1. After 2 years of him worrying, we found out this week that Him Indoor’s job is safe and secure. Despite many redundancies within his organisation, his role is seen as essential and for the long-term.
2. Once again, this week tells me again how very much I love and appreciate my Dad. When I am struggling, he is always there for talks, gentle guidance and laughs. He really is the most wonderful man and I am lucky to have him in my life.
3. I got to do a little work for somebody at short notice and liked the feedback I received.
4. It is my daughter’s 8th birthday on Monday. I have enjoyed planning little treats and perhaps dozily have agreed to make a Barbie cake so watch this space.
5. Him Indoors looked after the children today so I could go out to lunch and shopping with my Dad. I had felt a little housebound at the start of the week so it was cool to go out for a little chill time.
6. Both my son and daughter are doing well with their swimming lessons. Amazingly my son is swimming independently after only 2 lessons. Saturday mornings are now all about swimming for all the children and I hope to work up the confidence to join them soon. All I need is to arrange an underground tunnel from the changing rooms to the pool.
So as ever, even on a less than perfect week, there are lots of things to celebrate and acknowledge.
Originally posted 2012-04-06 18:16:11.