Lordy, haven’t I being an old misery lately? Where did my groove go? What depressing stuff I have imposed on my poor blog readers. Time to be a little chirpier methinks. The Reasons To Be Cheerful blog hop helps with this.
So what is there to smile about this week?
1. My daughter did so well with her choir performance at the Young Voices concert at Sheffield Arena. She did not get unduly nervous and just seemed to take the whole event in her stride from start to finish. As for me and her Daddy, we loved the whole thing discovering new bands to follow and jigging and singing along with the best of them.
2. I had a lovely fish and chip lunch with my Dad and we talked about my late Mum’s frustrations in her lifetime. There is more on that in my Little Legacy post below about why I am “anti-men”.
3. When I was struggling earlier in the week, I got several emails from lovely #groovingmums as well as Twitter support. It is lovely to realise that through blogging people will come to you to offer friendship, support and ideas. Thank you ladies – you know who you are. Thanks also to L for the emails which arrived at exactly the right time.
4. I have found somewhere to go for Christmas and you can read how I came to the decision to jump ship this year in my post from earlier today. I now feel confident of having a very lovely festive season indeed. Being assertive works for me. I must do it more often.
5. I had some very intense discussions with Him Indoors. We have moved on to a new understanding and are treating each other more kindly.
6. I won a competition on Netmums so am now the holder of a lovely family ticket to see a pantomime in Bridlington.
7. I got my Criminal Record Bureau clearance through so will be able to take up volunteering in the New Year.
8. I got my first Christmas card from my old college. 22 years after I left at the age of 21 and I am still a member of the very loveliest community. So looking forward to hooking up with former fellow students in 2012 at the reunion.
9. One of my adult stepdaughters is opening up via her writing in a way that although painful is also very healthy.
10. I am putting myself forward for something that I can’t talk about now but it makes me realise that I am taking on new challenges. This is a very good reason to be cheerful.
11. I have told two people in my life that asked what I would like for Christmas and my birthday next week. Both gifts are completely unecessary and hence, vital!
12. I have a cunning plan to show off my weight loss this year in a very festive way. What fun!
This has being a terrible week but when I look back, it has had some really good stuff in it. So next week where I am going to have a blast of a week, watch out for the longest #R2BC post ever.
Now pop ye over to http://mdplife.blogspot.com where there are a whole load of merry gentlewomen giving it large about their happy times.