There is a place called Blogger Town. Who might live in it?
1. Glitterati – these are the bloggers you are in awe of. The celebrities of the blogosphere. You imagine they live the champagne lifestyle on a daily basis and carry off parenting and other tasks with panache. In the real world they would be the A-list celebrities.
2. The Good Samaritan – these are the bloggers who know more than you do and are happy to share their expertise with you free of charge. In the real world, these would be the women who tell you how to relieve teething pain based on their own experiences without making you feel stupid for not knowing.
3. The Kindred Spirits – these are the bloggers you read once and feel an instant connection with. You just “get” them and you usually find this is a mutual feeling. In the real world, these are the folks you come across who you just know you can say something that the world would think was odd and they will laugh or or cry along with you.
4. The Mirrors – these are the bloggers who you like and yet sometimes you find yourself disliking and can’t quite work out why. What is going on is that they are mirroring some aspect of yourself that you are not that thrilled with. In the real world, it works in pretty much the same way. Stick with it and you may work through to become heartfelt friends.
5. The Naughty and Not Nice – these are the bloggers who have a go at other people. They tend to be people who actually are “all that” so why they want to have a go at us lesser mortals who knows? Fortunately, they are few in number and the angels tend to win the day. Does this happen in the real world or is it easier to be naughty and not nice online?
6. The Heroes/Heroines – these are the bloggers who have so much on their plate all the time and yet still manage not only to blog but to be warm-hearted and generous-spirited. They include carers and those battling illness. They do a fantastic job in making the invisible visible via their blogs and perhaps making us all more understanding in the real world as a result.
7. The Undiscovered – these are the newbies but also those who don’t have any or many followers. They include amazingly talented writers and people with posts that need to be read by a wider audience. In the real world, it is the person you pass by on the street not realising that they too have a fascinating story to tell.
8. The Swingers – these are the bloggers who jump on that rope in a Tarzan and Jane like manner and show up in your real world. There are nerves galore before that first date but go for it. It may possibly be the most exciting swinging of all.
Recognise anyone you know?
Are you on the list?
Are there other blogger types?
Feel free to name those in the positive categories but don’t name and shame the naughty but not so nice. We’re better than that, right?
If you fancy swinging with me, I will be at BritMums Live 2013.