What are my New Year’s revolutions?
My daughter has stated that we do not have resolutions in this house, we have revolutions and I quite like that rebranding of an old idea.
Despite our current situation being so insecure, I do think I need to focus on me a little too.
1. I am going to start to believe it when people say I am a beautiful soul, inspirational or amazing. It is disrespectful to those people to not allow them to praise when they wish to do so. What I will say is that there are many women with such qualities out there. Sometimes, I think it is only the fact that I took my clothes off (sort of) that led to me having increased visibility. However, I do some good things and I do genuinely care about other people. If people want to use those adjectives about me, perhaps I can harness that in some way and do something truly inspirational this year.
2. I am giving up drinking alcohol at least for a while. It is important to remember that it is fundamentally a depressant so in challenging times, it is easy to lean on but then it affects the mood and makes me a little crazy. I don’t need that. Nor do my family.
3. I am going to get back to healthy eating and join in with @AutismMumma’s weekly weight loss linky “Wobbles Wednesday”. I know I can lose weight. I know how to do it. Let’s get on with it!
4. I am going to write a novel and will start today. I have the idea and I think it could really take off and be popular. I would like anyone to suggest ways to help me stick with this and to let me know of any information and advice networks on writing. I quite fancy entering writing competitions too.
5. I am going to find a way of making friends that I can see in the real world. Most of my friends are online or far-flung. That is great but I need to see people sometimes or it all gets a bit lonely and intense. I am very shy by nature and that holds me back way too much.
6. I am going to celebrate family members who are no longer with us. I am sharing aspects of my Mum this week. I also have a big project around getting my Dad’s naval memoirs from the forties published if only on this blog. If anyone has any other ideas on helping them reach an audience, let me know.
7. I am going to write a small manual for the house with systems in it so that things don’t slide. I have started insisting that I get more help with chores and so far this is already showing very positive effects in the house.
8. I think this might not happen but it will be interesting to see whether it can. I would like to travel overseas again this year.
9. I am going to proactively reach out to people for writing and social media assignments.
10. I am going to re-establish Groovy Mums for mums who want to take a little control back about how their lives develop and to encourage new interests and ways of being. I learned a lot from doing this before and the new Groovy Mums will retain the great things it had before and develop in new ways too. There will be a post shortly for those who fancy taking part.
Is that revolutionary enough?