Well, last Thursday was so marvellous that I did not post my Reasons To Be Cheerful until Friday.
Since then, life has hit me with a few challenges. All 3 children have had various illnesses. The younger two have some sort of weird bug that fluctuates. They appear to get better and then end up all lethargic and sleepy again. We have had coughs and blocked noses, high temperatures, sickness and diarrohea. As we all know, the way society works or this family anyway is that Him Indoors goes to work and Her Indoors stays exactly there.
I have also felt frustrated at a lack of progress on a few things where I am relying on others to do things before I can move forwards. Nobody is doing anything wrong but it is just a time when I feel like fast-forwarding time. Oh yes, this is a week when the wonderful blog hop that is Reasons To Be Cheerful has kept me going. That accountability that you have to report some happy stuff on Thursday keeps you going on the more stressful weeks.
1. I am cheerful that I had my trip to London before the house became a sick bay. Memories of meeting lovely bloggers and having precious me time have kept me going this week.
2. I am over the moon that so many bloggers want to get involved in the charity burlesque calendar project. My hope is that all those who want to take part can do so. I might have to work on Mich the leader of this blog hop who tells me I am bonkers. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours. Read all about it here http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/are-you-a-blogger-who-will-bare-all/
3. Him Indoors gave me a special night last night with a steak dinner and tipple or two. I fell asleep at 9pm but it was lovely before that.
4. I have spent a lovely few hours reading blogs as I decided which bloggers to nominate for the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging awards.
5. I am reminded over and over how lovely it is to have my elderly father living with me. He listens to my daft ideas and encourages them even the ones that involve stripping. He really believes that I will be a superstar one day. He acts as chauffeur, waiter, nursemaid, playmate and all round good Grandad with my children.
6. I have arranged for Him Indoors and Number One Son to have a visit to the cinema tonight, The thought of them having some time out together without us pleases me.
7. It is payday which means Him Indoors is on a little tour around Yorkshire picking up various second-hand bargains.
8. I am off on another little jolly to London in a couple of weeks.
9. I have found a dressmaker and she is designing me some posh frocks for forthcoming events. Because I am so worth it!!
10. After meeting blogging glitterati with a hairstyle worthy of Worzel Gummidge, I am having my hair restyled at the weekend.
So are you so think positive and link up wiht Mich here http://mdplife.blogspot.com
You see, I told you! Even on the rubbisher weeks, life is good.