Here is a summary of our experiences of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Weekend, a mixof good and bad.
1. My youngest son and daughter dressing up as a knight and a princess and parading through the local town.
2. Joining my children for a special sausage, mash and yorkshire pudding lunch.
3. Watching the flotilla on the television with the whole family
4. Lots of buffet meals because I went a bit mad at the supermarket.
5. Carnival in the local town with the whole community coming together and having fun
6. The rain meaning I could not attend a picnic party that I had not wanted to go to anyway
7. The Jubilee concert especially Kylie, Robbie, Annie Lennox and Tom Jones.
8. Watching the Jubilee Service, lunch and balcony coverage on ITV. Loved the focus on dedication and charity work.
9. Seeing Him Indoors finally getting round to laying carpet in the boys’ bedroom
10. Feeling a new and improved connection with another blogger via support received and hopefully given.
1. Husband getting himself in deep water by lying to me about what he did on Friday afternoon.
2. Teenager in training son throwing a strop at approximately 15 minute intervals throughout
3. Darling daughter telling me she was bored in no uncertain terms
4. Elderly father complaing our cat had peed on his bed. It hadn’t but he was not to be convinced otherwise.
5. Argument at carnival leading to me wondering if I could just run away and be myself once again. Am I the only wife and mum that feels like that sometimes?
6. Having to take out a mortgage to pay for face-painting for the children and also long queues.
7. That terrible moment when Lenny Henry cut off Rolf Harris and “Two Little Boys”. Terribly disrespectful.
8. My Dad saying he was not really bothered about the Jubilee anyway when I had tried to make it special for him.
9. Not being at Hyde Park for the Jubilee event due to trying to fit in with other family member plans.
10.My Dad walking in this morning to announce he had chopped his finger off.
So great things and not so wonderful things but life here is never dull.
Hope your Jubilee was wonderful.
Originally posted 2012-06-05 15:54:37.