Treacle Tart Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
200g DS-gluten free Shortcrust Pastry
300g golden syrup
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g breadcrumbs made from a DS-gluten free White Sliced Loaf
1 medium sized egg yolk
1. Knead the pastry on a work surface lightly dusted with gluten free flour for a full 2 minutes until smooth.
2. Roll the pastry out and use to line an 18cm/7 inch round pastry container or foil container. Trim away any excess pastry and set aside.
3. Prepare the filling. Place the golden syrup, butter, lemon zest and rind into a medium size covered bowl in the microwave. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted.
4. Stir ingredients together and add the breadcrumbs and egg yolk. Stir to combine and spoon into the pastry case.
5. Rest the container onto a preheated baking sheet and cook until the pastry is golden and the topping is just beginning to brown.
6. If necessary, cover topping with foil for the last 10 minutes to allow the base to cook without further browning the top.
7. Serve warm or cold with custard, pouring cream or ice cream.
Originally posted 2011-11-07 14:31:54.