Without further ado, here are my reasons for smiling this week.
1. My big reason is that I am now helping Tommys, the baby charity http://www.tommys.org/Page.aspx?pid=247to raise money via the #mums4good campaign. I urge you to sign up to Give As You Live by clicking http://www.give.as/kateonthinice which will take you to my page on the Give As You Live website or via the snazzy badge on my sidebar. It will cost you just a few seconds of your time. Then every time you shop online, thousands of retailers (Amazon, supermarkets, holiday companies, insurance provider and many more) will ensure a percentage of what you spend goes to charity. There is no extra cost to you.
You have the key to unlocking money for charity.
2. It was my husband’s birthday and I made a cake which amused him no end. You can see the cheeky picture by clicking http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/the-best-part-of-me-snap-happy-britmums/We also made use of the barbecue he got as a pressie from my dad.
3. Today is my wedding anniversary. I feel calm and content. We don’t have a perfect marriage, we are not necessarily all hearts and flowers but we do love each other and like my mother always said God made kippers and he paired them. We make sense to us.
4. SATS week is nearly at an end and my son seems to be coping with it all emotionally which is the main thing.
5. My daughter is enjoying her new art club.
6. My youngest son has a play and tea date tomorrow and it is wonderful to see his excitement.
7. I got paid, my first bit of paid work in a long time and it felt fabulous.
8. The #groovywork Twitter party went well with mums making useful connections about jobs and self-employment.
9. I had a couple of really tiring days this week but both filled with very good things. It made me realise that I have really got my groove back and am now on a groovy and unpredictable but fun journey.
10. I am going to write a paper for a local charity on the use of social media and am also going to interview for a new member of staff from them
11. My son and daughter are both swimming without armbands now.
12. Last one is a big one. I am now getting through my months without losing a week or more to fatigue, low moods and angry outbursts. I put this down to the Well Woman tablets I am taking. I buy them from the chemists, I am not sponsored to say they are great but I want to spread the word in case it helps somebody else out there.
Life is feeling more balanced.
Now get thee across to http://mdplife.blogspot.com who could do with a kind word this week. You will also find lots of cheery posts linked up there.