Today, we crashed the car into a tree. We were all fine and so was the car but I burst into tears.
You can think you have turned a corner on the grief thing but the pain is only ever under the surface waiting to jump up when you least expect it. You put on a brave face and then you crash into a tree.
So this is a very good time to tap into the good stuff this week.
1. We have just returned from a break at Butlins. I have so much to say about the many delights offered by this holiday resort. Suffice to say for now that the break has come at a wonderful time for us as a family ambushed by too many harsh events in recent months.
2. My youngest son is 7 today and he is happy and well. He is loved and loves. Wonderful reasons to be cheerful.
3. I have started at new role with BritMums, the UK’s largest parent blogging network.
4. Despite still having that nagging sadness pulling at me, I danced at midnight in fountains this week. The Groovy Mum is still there, hurt, wounded but still ready to challenge herself and others.
5. When I am awful, Him Indoors has his say but remains steadfast and true.
I can’t say everything is wonderful because it is not how I feel.
I am not on the journey alone and I am thankful for that.