What does your kitchen design say about you?
I have lived in a number of houses with some very different kitchens from the tiny to the huge. Now I have a galley kitchen and I it suits my needs well. I like the way my husband and I can work in it together. It is also so long giving plenty of space for myself and the children to work together when cooking or carrying out kitchen science experiments.
Here are 10 things you will find in my kitchen
1. Really colourful tiles that raise my mood every time I enter the room.
2. Pale blue cupboards. Although I would never have chosen this kitchen design myself, it is quirky and I like it.
3. On the hob, you will find a retro looking pink kettle from Le Creuset. I have wanted one for years and picked one up in the charity shop for £4. Bargain!
4. I have lots of fridge and freezer space because with a family including tweens and a teen someone is always hungry!
5. My work surfaces are black and trendy. I would like them to be self-cleaning but we can’t have everything.
6. You will always find my red slow cooker out because I use it most days. I love the way you can cook when you feel the urge and leave it bubbling.
7. My late Mother’s baking bowls of the very vintage variety are so important to me. I feel close to Mum when I bake and like sharing her lessons with the children.
8. My microwave is purple – it clashes with all the other colours but I like to be different.
9. I have retro tins to keep our cereals in after hearing horror stories about what can creep into opened packets.
10. As regular readers will know, if it is old or unusual and available in a charity shop, it will make its way into my home. As the kitchen is the heart of my home, you can often find my recent finds in that room. They please my eye and my soul.
What does your kitchen say about you?