I had an unexpected trip to London this week and stayed overnight.
I will be revealing all about why I was there and what will happen next very soon on this blog but here are some edited highlights of the trip.
1. Peace and quiet on the train down, time to think, to snooze and to relax
2. My first time with one of those wheelie case type things
3. Meeting an attractive French man who needed my help
4. Feeling more confident in myself courtesty of the Editor of Vogue
5. Eating out alone
6. Falling asleep in front of Masterchef
7. Despairing as I stained my dress for my VIM (Very Important Meeting)
8. Needing oxygen on climbing far too many stairs to my hotel room
9. Putting on support underwear and living to regret it
10. Wearing boots instead of slippers and living to regret it
11. Wearing a statement necklace given to me by my late Mum and thinking of her lots
12. Feeling young, free, single and childless just for a little while especially when …
13. Dealing with too many frantic phone-calls from home
14. Actually and miraculously navigating my way across London by bus and foot
15. Almost putting on make-up but then thinking that was probably not wise in view of VIM
16. Burning my cheek
17. Blistering my feet
18. Drinking coffee out of a glass. Why?!
19. Meeting bloggers for the very first time – they exist, they are real, they are as lovely as they appear online
20. Learning all about Police Community Support Officers
21. Forgetting to eat in all the excitment
22. Getting involved in a case of mistaken identity
23. Learning that I will not die if I give in to hugs and kisses
24. Talkiing both too much and too little as usual. What is the right balance?
25. Having one of those “Miss Vivien” moments like in Pretty Woman
Yes, I know these are very edited highlights but if I explained each one, it would be a really long post.
Back soon with the major news. Keep watching!
Originally posted 2012-03-09 15:18:45.