1. I am living in the country and blue skies have returned. At the weekend, we all got out on the land in our quest to grow our own vegetables. We have over 1 acre of land so it seems a shame to just have it going to waste. It was lovely to see the boys leaving their X Box behind to get out in the fresh air to dig and plant. My daughter turned out to be the keenest of gardeners and second in command to her Dad. To date, we have planted potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onions and tomatoes. We also have herbs growing on the windowsill in the kitchen. Is this the Good Life?
2. Him Indoors is doing really well on the stop smoking front. He has had two cigarettes since Ash Wednesday. Even if he has sneaked in others that I don’t know about, there is no doubt that he has cut down massively.
3. I have managed to put together a pirate outfit for the school’s World Book Day celebrations. It is always better when you feel you are passing muster as a vaguely adequate mummy. My oldest son refuses to dress up. My youngest son has invited me into a special reading event at his school.
4. My oldest son has committed to revising for his SATS, my daughter got a certificate of achievement and my youngest son is showing real panache for reading and spellings.
5. I seem to be getting more organised on all fronts and getting more done too. I have cut out the booze almost completely and am back to healthy eating which I am sure helps in terms of energy.
6. I had an unexpected trip to the Big Town yesterday and did some fun charity-shopping. Thank you Dad.
7. I am continuing to love my role co-ordinating the Charity Connections – Blogging It Forward group over on Britmums. It is lovely to be in contact with so many good causes and so many kind-hearted bloggers.
8. This week, I have reached out to offer support to friends and also received support from friends, bloggers and mummy networks. It feels like a nice balance.
9. I understand that several people have kindly nominated me for the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging Awards. Although I am not hung up on blogger star status, it is lovely to know that people enjoy reading you enough to want to take time out of their day to acknowledge you. Find out more here http://www.britmumsblog.com/bib-awards/
10. Him Indoors is really having success with his psoriasis treatement. It is so lovely to not have to deal with all the flakes in the bed, on the carpet and so on. It is great to see him not wracked with pain too but psoriasis is a condition that affects the wider family so it is good to see him getting it under control.
11. have a sense that things are going to continue to improve for me in terms of carving a role out for myself external to the family. I am so looking forward to the next chapter …
Linking up as usual with Michelle over on the Mummy from the Heart blog at http://mdplife.blogspot.com where you will find lots of very happy bloggers sharing their tales of joy.
Originally posted 2012-03-01 09:53:37.