I am a bit tired today after a bad night’s sleep and I think just generally from a tough year too. My mood is low when exhausted but that is one of the best times to celebrate my reasons to be cheerful. Yes, here are my happy thoughts of the week.
1. We had a lovely meal out as a family for my husband’s birthday in a really lovely hotel/restaurant we found on first arriving in Hampshire. It has the most lovely food and has so much to look at inside in terms of art, quotations and so on. It is right up my street and not at all snotty which also helps.
2. Both my son and daughter were named stars of the week at their new school. I am sure this is standard procedure for new kids but they deserve it for settling in so well and being so positive about the move. They are both working hard and making new friends.
3. My teenage son has started at his new school which has great standards and is a place that I can see thriving in unlike the last school. He has chosen his options including acting, food technology and history which thrills me as all links back to his connection with his late grandmother. Little legacies. He also has a lot of mathematics, science, computing and business studies in the mix.
4. We are getting the new house sorted bit by bit. I am finding it a depressingly slow process really as downsizing so much makes storing all our stuff a challenge. I have spent time today getting some bids in on Ebay on the things we need. Wish me luck.
5. I am doing the school run and getting faster at it every day by a few minutes without trying. It just shows how you build up fitness levels so much once you actually do some exercise. In hot weather like yesterday, I take a picnic and have a break on a bench on the way home for good quality time chatting with the children.
6. I take real pleasure every day in the lush green of the countryside just a couple of streets away from where we live. It feels my soul.
7. I am looking forward to the weekend. It is our wedding anniversary and I plan to visit the big city by the sea and do some fun things along with practical stuff like haircuts for the children.
8. I am reflecting on many things blogging and social media – this usually leads to good things so something else to smile about.